Breaking all the Rules...
So. As we all know, I've been doing this e-dating thing for awhile now with moderate success. It would have been completely successful if Mr. Wonderful hadn't had to move 3 hours away... yeah, sad face. I quite miss him, which is why I never talk about him. But, as a general rule, always have a back-up, right? So I found myself a back-up.
I've been talking to this guy pretty steadily for oh, the last month at least. Emails, IM's and the like. We get along, we enjoy the same things, he gets my sense of humor, and on the shallow end, he's easy on the eyes. Nowhere near Mr. Wonderful, but what can you do?
So, we've been talking back and forth, and this past weekend I had a birthday party to go to for two of my closest friends. Even though it might be awkward, I decided I was going to ask him to go along.
Sidenote: I have never once, in my 28 years of life, ever asked a guy out. It's not the girly thing to do, but here I was, getting ready to ask a guy out. On a first date, no less.
I asked him to go to the party with me.
After thinking it over, and realizing it was going to be a good time, he agreed, and we went out and it was amazing, and we connected on every level imaginable and are firmly on our way to being a "couple."
I'm totally lying. Of course he didn't say yes! Dude, he didn't even acknowledge that I asked him out. The conversation seriously went like this:
Me: (bringing the date up for the second time) Well, I'm planning on being there by 7, so let me know during the afternoon if you want to go or not.
Him: I'm thinking I should get a remote control air plane.
Seriously?! Yeah, this is why I'm never asking a guy out ever again, and this is why I haven't done so up until this point!
Needless to say, we haven't had our first date yet. And when I brought up the fact that I was frustrated with him for not even acknowledging that I asked him out (twice, and both times ignored, it can't be said enough) he told me that I "wasn't clear in my asking and he didn't pick up on it."
Um... sure.
I still want to go out with him...at least once to see if we'll click in real life as well as online, but yeah... so not going to be the one to do the asking. It's all on him.
So spill girls... have you ever asked a guy out? And had better results than I did?
I've been talking to this guy pretty steadily for oh, the last month at least. Emails, IM's and the like. We get along, we enjoy the same things, he gets my sense of humor, and on the shallow end, he's easy on the eyes. Nowhere near Mr. Wonderful, but what can you do?
So, we've been talking back and forth, and this past weekend I had a birthday party to go to for two of my closest friends. Even though it might be awkward, I decided I was going to ask him to go along.
Sidenote: I have never once, in my 28 years of life, ever asked a guy out. It's not the girly thing to do, but here I was, getting ready to ask a guy out. On a first date, no less.
I asked him to go to the party with me.
After thinking it over, and realizing it was going to be a good time, he agreed, and we went out and it was amazing, and we connected on every level imaginable and are firmly on our way to being a "couple."
I'm totally lying. Of course he didn't say yes! Dude, he didn't even acknowledge that I asked him out. The conversation seriously went like this:
Me: (bringing the date up for the second time) Well, I'm planning on being there by 7, so let me know during the afternoon if you want to go or not.
Him: I'm thinking I should get a remote control air plane.
Seriously?! Yeah, this is why I'm never asking a guy out ever again, and this is why I haven't done so up until this point!
Needless to say, we haven't had our first date yet. And when I brought up the fact that I was frustrated with him for not even acknowledging that I asked him out (twice, and both times ignored, it can't be said enough) he told me that I "wasn't clear in my asking and he didn't pick up on it."
Um... sure.
I still want to go out with him...at least once to see if we'll click in real life as well as online, but yeah... so not going to be the one to do the asking. It's all on him.
So spill girls... have you ever asked a guy out? And had better results than I did?


2 Comments:
No, can't say I ever have asked a guy out. Too much fear of rejection I think.
I can not believe he just ignored the question!!! I hope he asks you out so you can figure out if you click in real life or not!
Oh wow! Yeah guys can be so dumb! How did he not know you were asking him to go with you?? I'm shaking my head at him right now lol I'd give him 3 more weeks and if nothing cut your ties. No sense wasting your time!
Now back to the guy 3hrs away..... I haven't read in a few weeks and don't recall him.... but 3 hours isn't that far away! My new guy is based 8 hours away! So if you like him go for it! :) Ok..... I'll shut up now! hehe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home