Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Oh, my dreams... never quite as it seems

Anyone else remember that song by the Cranberries? Totally just popped into my head today.





I had the best dream the other night. It was one of those dreams when you wake up thinking, "What the fuck was that about?" and then you wonder what you did the night before (sandwiches at 4 am...a pint of vodka... sex with a stranger...) to incur such a dream. Then, as you begin to remember more and more, you just sit there in bed and laugh your ass off, because holy hell. That was awesome.





So this dream, which of course, doesn't make nearly as much sense today as it did Sunday morning, but whatever. For some reason, I was hanging out at my grandmother's house with the family...only one of my cousins wasn't actually my cousin. Oh no, they looked like him, but it wasn't him. Oh no, he was one of Satan's minions (naturally) and he was there for my soul (of course he was).





So my cousin (Satan's minion) was following my around my grandma's house, and eventually locked me in one of the closets in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Why? Because it was a portal to hell, duh. Kind of like Sunnydale being the Hellmouth, but Xander was not around to save me. So this closet, I shove a few boxes aside and there's this hole in the wall, which of course I'm supposed to climb through. Ain't going to happen, y'all. Sorry.





So my cousin/Satan gets mad and he's like, "you're going to climb through that hole" and I'm all "you're not the boss of me, I'm telling your mom" and he just laughs at me, blinks his eyes four times and turns me into some sort of dragonfly type animal. Cool, right? Except, I still think I'm human, and I'm still not going through the hole.





THEN - My grandma comes upstairs, telling us its time for dinner. Cousin/Satan turns me back into me, and we go downstairs and have dinner like nothing's wrong at all. Except, my other cousin Rachel, is smirking at me from across the table, because yeah, she totally knows what's going on!





After dinner, she corners me and like, hands me this piece of construction paper that has a map of the house on it, and shows all of the escape routes I can use to escape our cousin. The only catch is, half of those escapes will send me into an alternate realm that could be worse than hell, so I have to choose wisely.





All of a sudden, we're outside playing kickball in the frontyard, and this big black escalade with tinted windows and nice rims shows up. I know what you're thinking, right? Satan rolls gangsta style. Nope! You guys, the window slides down, and...





Jason effing Morgan sticks his head out and tells me to get in. We drive around town, and somehow, we end up at Taco Bell, where he tells me I have to eat a Chalupa if I want to keep my soul.





I owe my entire salvation and life on Earth to General Hospital's Jason Morgan and Taco Bell. You know what? I'm more than okay with that. Delighted even.




It was awesome. But what do you all think it means?

1 Comments:

Blogger It's Amanda Yo! said...

I don't know what it means (let me think about it and get back to you) but you could totally make that into a movie! It would end up being some awesome cult classic. You could be played by some awesome actress of your choice and your cousin could be played by someone like Keifer Sutherland because when I think of cult classic I automatically think of The Lost Boys and Keifer Sutherland is in that. Unless you think Keifer Sutherland is not worthy of playing Satan's minion then he could be someone else like Jason Morgan but Jason Morgan should probably play himself, dontchya think? I guess all I'm asking is that you at least think about Keifer when deciding who plays who in the movie.

June 9, 2009 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home