Holly Golightly, Meet Lorelai Gilmore
I’ve been blogging for 3 years but here’s the thing; I’m completely amateur about it. Sure, I blog steadily, but honestly? The majority of my blogs have been lamenting evil ex boyfriends, complaining about my favorite celebrity not winning Dancing with the Stars, and talking about how hot Justin Bobby actually is. I have no idea how to make my page pretty, or keep track of visitors, I barely just learned how to use a Reader to keep track of the blogs I do read. The one thing I do know though, is that to have a successful blog, you must have the perfect, kicky, catchy title and theme.
Like, for instance… Breakfast at Wal-Mart
Admittedly, I’m pretty proud of this name, especially considering the ones I kicked around before settling on that. But the fact is, nothing makes me smile more than watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s while drinking Diet Coke out of champagne glasses that I bought at Wal-Mart.
I mean, I’m not the only one that does that, am I? Anyone? Okay then, moving on. There is a reason behind the name.
Everyone has a goal in life… a certain lifestyle they aspire to have. I find myself being torn between two.
Nicole’s Dream Life #1
If you had asked me when I was 18 what I’d be when I was 23, I’d have answered without hesitation that I would be married with one kid and at least another one on the way. I wanted to be a stay-at-home soccer mom with at least 6 kids (I’ll settle for four), the perfect husband and the perfect picket fenced-in house. I was going to be that mom. I wanted to be Kirsten Cohen without the alcohol problem. The hot mom who makes the best chocolate chip cookies on the block.
Um yeah, it hasn’t happened yet.
Nicole’s Dream Life #2
The older I get, the more time I spend writing, and the more time I spend watching reruns of Sex and the City I think… I want that. I want to be writing for a living. Whether it be the next great chick-lit novel, or a column for some trendy magazine, I don’t really care, so long as I’m doing what I love. I want the Upper East Side penthouse with the bar in the corner of the living room for Happy Hour. I want fun. I want to not have to worry about being tied down. I want to be completely independent and let’s face it, be a little bit selfish.
Um yeah, there’s probably not much chance of this happening either. The best I can figure to do is to work out some sort of compromise.
Holly Golightly, allow me to introduce you to Lorelai Gilmore. If only it were that simple, right?
Of course, I could always throw both options out the window and go for Dream Life #3.
You know, the one where I become a Mafia mistress and do nothing but spend my married lover’s hush money on fabulous shoes and accessories to wear on our secret getaways to Cabo San Lucas.
Oh. Am I the only one who finds that a tiny bit appealing?
Hey, at least I have some goals.
Until I figure out how to get to them, you can find me in my quaint little house in Michigan, sipping Diet Coke out of Wal-Mart champagne glasses and practicing my Tyra Banks model stomp in my new heels instead of working on the next chapter of my latest piece of writing.
So much for those goals...
Like, for instance… Breakfast at Wal-Mart
Admittedly, I’m pretty proud of this name, especially considering the ones I kicked around before settling on that. But the fact is, nothing makes me smile more than watching Breakfast at Tiffany’s while drinking Diet Coke out of champagne glasses that I bought at Wal-Mart.
I mean, I’m not the only one that does that, am I? Anyone? Okay then, moving on. There is a reason behind the name.
Everyone has a goal in life… a certain lifestyle they aspire to have. I find myself being torn between two.
Nicole’s Dream Life #1
If you had asked me when I was 18 what I’d be when I was 23, I’d have answered without hesitation that I would be married with one kid and at least another one on the way. I wanted to be a stay-at-home soccer mom with at least 6 kids (I’ll settle for four), the perfect husband and the perfect picket fenced-in house. I was going to be that mom. I wanted to be Kirsten Cohen without the alcohol problem. The hot mom who makes the best chocolate chip cookies on the block.
Um yeah, it hasn’t happened yet.
Nicole’s Dream Life #2
The older I get, the more time I spend writing, and the more time I spend watching reruns of Sex and the City I think… I want that. I want to be writing for a living. Whether it be the next great chick-lit novel, or a column for some trendy magazine, I don’t really care, so long as I’m doing what I love. I want the Upper East Side penthouse with the bar in the corner of the living room for Happy Hour. I want fun. I want to not have to worry about being tied down. I want to be completely independent and let’s face it, be a little bit selfish.
Um yeah, there’s probably not much chance of this happening either. The best I can figure to do is to work out some sort of compromise.
Holly Golightly, allow me to introduce you to Lorelai Gilmore. If only it were that simple, right?
Of course, I could always throw both options out the window and go for Dream Life #3.
You know, the one where I become a Mafia mistress and do nothing but spend my married lover’s hush money on fabulous shoes and accessories to wear on our secret getaways to Cabo San Lucas.
Oh. Am I the only one who finds that a tiny bit appealing?
Hey, at least I have some goals.
Until I figure out how to get to them, you can find me in my quaint little house in Michigan, sipping Diet Coke out of Wal-Mart champagne glasses and practicing my Tyra Banks model stomp in my new heels instead of working on the next chapter of my latest piece of writing.
So much for those goals...
Labels: Breakfast at Tiffany's, cocktails, Lorelai Gilmore, soccermom, writing


1 Comments:
reading through your blog, specifically this post, makes me think we are the same person. Or at the very least, long lost sisters
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home