Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Friday, January 30, 2009

My Muffin

Heh, this is so not that type of post.





No, this about my cat...my pet cat, thank you very much. I've had Muffin for 7 years now, and she pretty much owns me. She's the friendliest cat in the world, and sometimes thinks she's a dog. She plays fetch with hershey kiss wrappers because she's awesome like that.






To be fair, I have two cats, Muffin and Mitten, they're from the same litter, but well... Mitten hates me. I can't pick her up, I can't kiss the top of her head, and she doesn't sleep by my head, but rather by my feet. Basically, she thinks she's better than me.






Muffin, on the other hand, adores me. When she was 2 months old I taught her to lick my nose anytime I say "give momma a kiss", and any time I sit down, she immediately jumps up onto my lap. She gets upset when I close the bedroom (and yes, bathroom) doors, and if I'm in the shower, she's sitting next to the bathtub waiting for me to get out, crying the whole time.






Co-dependent much?






Basically, she's my baby. My little girl, and 'd be truly, truly lost without her.






Which is why I feel so bad about this morning.






Seeing as how I work second shift, and sometimes go out after work, I tend to sleep in most mornings. Muffin doesn't always agree with this, she likes to play in the morning. This morning in particular, she woke me up sometime around oh, 6:45. I was not impressed. The way she wakes me up is pretty cute though, she wriggles her way right up to my head and taps at my nose and my cheek with her paw. When I don't wake up right away, she taps a little harder, and then a little harder, and finally, she slaps me awake.






This morning when she slapped me awake, I wasn't much in a snuggle-the-cat kind of mood. So much so that I kinda knocked her off the bed and told her to leave me alone. She jumped back up and slapped me again. I knocked her off with another stern, "Muffin, no! Momma needs sleep!" She cried at me for a bit and then left me alone.






She came back around 9... sat on my chest and tapped my cheek again until I woke up. Again, I pushed her off the bed and this time she cried so pathetically that I actually put my glasses on and called her back up to the bed with a "Momma's sorry, Muffin, come here."






She jumped back up and I finally looked at her. You guys, both of her eyes were all watery and runny... she's sick! My baby was sick and wanting mom to comfort her and mom kicked her off the bed and yelled at her.






I'm a bad mom, y'all.






Yes, I felt guilty. Yes, I told her I was sorry and snuggled her up next to me under the covers and pet her til she fell back asleep where we slept for the next 45 minutes before I finally had to get out of bed. And yes, I went to the store and bought her special treats.






Owned by cat? Yes, yes I am.






But she's sick, guys! I'm sure it's just a cold, but I have no idea what to do about this, as I don't want to take her to the vet because well, I never take my cats to the vet after one of my other cats once faked a stroke at one... true story. I just keep wiping at her eyes, and watching her to make sure she doesn't get any worse, and I don't know what else to do. She's eating just fine it looks like, and she's drinking the water, but even as I type this, all she wants to do is lay on me and sleep.






Which, though I love snuggling the cat, is getting to be kind of annoying. She's not very small. But since I feel like such a jerk about this morning, she's going to pretty much do anything she wants all day.






Crazy cat lady? Why yes, yes I am! But come on! Look at her face... you can't tell me you wouldn't do the same thing!















1 Comments:

Blogger It's Amanda Yo! said...

I would definitely do the same thing! I have two cats too! (Duck and Indy Riot)

Duck is to me what Muffin is to you. I bottle fed her because she was rejected by her Momma. She's my baby. I have a teeny tiny Baby Bjorn thing but it's for Duck. I carry her around with me the entire night when I get home from work.

I'm sure Muffin will be fine. It's a good sign if she's eating and drinking fine.

January 30, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home