Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nicole's Excuses on Why She Hasn't Updated Her Blog:

10. Easter Sunday, I was too busy stuffing my face with various brunch and family dinner foods. And then I slept.

9. Monday I made the 5 hour drive back to my house and then promptly went in for an 8 hour work night.

8. Tuesday I caught up on Dancing with the Stars and The Hills, and also enjoyed the first full day alone in my brand new house with the cats.

7. Wednesday I had slept all day, then had 11 hours of ridiculously amazing sex.

6. Thursday the sex marathon continued and then I worked a 12 hour shift, not getting home until 4:30 Friday morning.

5. Friday I had lunch with a girlfriend after only 5 hours of sleep, then we toured each others houses. I slept an additional 2 hours and then went back to work for 8 hours.

4. Saturday I worked 10 hours, came home at 8, made dinner and promptly fell asleep on the couch at 10 while watching a Little House on the Prairie movie.

3. Sunday marked one full week of me saying "I should blog, but I'm too tired to stare at a computer screen to actually sit down and write." I also worked another 12 hours.

2. Monday I caught up on sleep, worked 8 hours, came home at midnight and watched Dancing with the Stars, The Hills, One Tree Hill, and Gossip Girl. God bless my hardworking DVR.

1. Tuesday - Damn, I'm all out of excuses so here I am, blogging away.

And you know what? It feels pretty good to be back!

So yeah, I moved. And it sucked. I really loved my old house, and had such big plans for my flower gardens this summer, and for planting a real garden in the backyard, and yeah...I just loved it. My landlord, however, turned out to be kind of psycho.

First, during a random conversation on the phone, we found out that we both had taken the same antidepressant. Somehow to her, this translated into, "I must send my freaky Bible-study religious fanatics out to talk to her Every.Single.Day." Yeah. These people were not your run of the mill door-to-door Holy People. No, their religion involved glossy rocks and stones and brightly colored crystals. Yes, crystals.

Every time one of them showed up I had to fight the urge to channel Napoleon Dynamite and ask "Did you remember to put the crystals in?" I don't think they would have gotten it.

On the fourth day in a row that they showed up I finally blew up at them and screamed, "I don't need this, I'm Catholic! My grandmother gives me enough guilt!"

To which the lady replied. "Catholic? Oh, no."

Um. Yes. Catholic for 28 years and not looking to change. Not for crystals unless Stevie Nicks is pounding down my door.

Then came the day when my landlord sent me an email saying, "Oh by the way, remember how I said I was thinking about selling the house? I sold it! And I'd like you out by the first of the month."

Who cares if it was already March 24th? Six days to find a new house and get everything moved without taking any time off of work? Sure, no problem.

And yes, I know I could have fought her, could have gotten at least another month out of the deal before having to leave, but by this point, I kind of thought moving quickly would be the best idea.

So I found a house. And I found some friends who knew how to drive a U-Haul, and I packed up my life and the cats and we moved half an hour out of the city to a little place in the country where I don't hear gunshots every day and everybody knows everybody. The BFF lives less than a mile away.

My mom believes that even though I am nearly 30, I do not know how to put a house together. This means she was here three days after I moved in and unpacked everything and put it all away. I am not complaining because the place looks amazing. And, it was really nice to have my mom here for a week.

Some highlights from my new house?

My living room with two, yes two pink couches. It's okay to be jealous.

The guest bedroom, which is currently more decorated and colorful than my own bedroom.


Why yes, that IS a Hello Kitty alarm clock!



And my favorite part of the whole house, the dining room table, looked over by Holly Golightly herself!



So as you can see, it turns out the move was a good thing after all. Now that I'm finally settled in and life has settled back to normal, I'm pretty happy with it. And with life back to normal, that means I can finally stop neglecting this blog and the blogs of all those that I love! Oh sure, I've been able to keep up on my reader, but I have left zero comments in the last month, and for that, I am sorry.
But hey, at least I'm back! And tomorrow? You'll get to hear all of the jokes I've made about the ShamWow guy being beaten up by a hooker. I know you can't wait for that!

3 Comments:

Blogger erin - heart in ireland said...

Wow! Sounds like a crazy few days! I do not envy you.

But your new place is cute, and I am jealous of the pink couches!

April 21, 2009 at 5:16 PM  
Blogger It's Amanda Yo! said...

Super cute new place!

I'm sorry, did you say sex marathon...did I miss something?

April 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger LadyGray said...

1) LOVE the pink couch! I send Bill a link to your blog and told him I wanted one for our house. Not sure he will go for it though.

2)Holy Biscuits Batman!- 11 hour sex marathon?! Did you get a boyfriend and a new house---like a gift with purchase? Did I miss the whole dating someone thing in a previous blog or something?

Oh, one more thing...we are expecting a little bundle of joy in October! We are hoping for a girl, but won't find out what we are having until around the end of May. I'll keep you posted.

Glad you got a new house (and a new man). The new place is adorable.

And quit working so darn much!

April 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home