An Update
So.
Last week Tuesday, I woke up mid-morning, and within an hour of being awake decided that I was going to take a trip up to my parents' house. It's not a quick drive, my parents live almost 5 hours away. I packed my bags and called my mom, letting her know I'd be home in time for dinner.
As I drove, I wasn't quite sure what all, if anything, I was going to say to my mom, but I knew just being in the same environment for awhile would be some help. The drive itself was rather soothing actually... just me and a collection of Journey and Fleetwood Mac cds. Oh, and in case you're wondering, in the span of two and a half hours of just radio, I heard Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA" at least 7 times. And now, a week later, it is still stuck in my head.
So what did I end up telling my mom? Honestly, not that much. But just being home, I was able to make a few decisions that I was struggling with, and well... there are some big changes heading my way once again.
The biggest change? I'm moving. Again. You may recall, it's only been 7 months since the last time I moved. It sucks, but there are quite a few issues between my landlord, his family, and myself, and really, it's just easier if I move. I'm moving to an apartment complex (yuck) about 10 miles south of where I live now so it's not a big move, but its a move nonetheless.
The upside? I'll be saving a lot of money with the move. Enough to where I'll be able to have old debts paid off by the end of this year, and will begin to start building up my savings again at the start of the new year. If all goes well, by the time this new lease is up, I should have a considerable amount saved up for a down payment on my own house.
Because, let's face it. I'm 3 months away from being 29 years old, and nowhere near getting married and settled so I may as well start making a life for myself while I wait for that to happen.
So yeah, another move. I'm excited but moving is always a pain in the ass.
What else? I've been interviewing like crazy, so hopefully I will be out of that whole situation very very soon. That's more exciting that anything else.
As for all of my other issues? They're still going on, but I've been managing them better. I know there are certain things I can control, and some that I cannot. I am doing better at getting under a sleeping schedule and that alone is helping a lot. I do still need to see a doctor, but I am waiting until I can get the insurance situation under control.
Are things perfect? Of course not, I know better than to expect everything to be sunshine and roses right away, but I can honestly say things are looking up. Getting away from everything, even for just a couple of days, and making the few changes I have made are getting me back on the right track.
And for that, I'm extremely grateful.
Last week Tuesday, I woke up mid-morning, and within an hour of being awake decided that I was going to take a trip up to my parents' house. It's not a quick drive, my parents live almost 5 hours away. I packed my bags and called my mom, letting her know I'd be home in time for dinner.
As I drove, I wasn't quite sure what all, if anything, I was going to say to my mom, but I knew just being in the same environment for awhile would be some help. The drive itself was rather soothing actually... just me and a collection of Journey and Fleetwood Mac cds. Oh, and in case you're wondering, in the span of two and a half hours of just radio, I heard Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA" at least 7 times. And now, a week later, it is still stuck in my head.
So what did I end up telling my mom? Honestly, not that much. But just being home, I was able to make a few decisions that I was struggling with, and well... there are some big changes heading my way once again.
The biggest change? I'm moving. Again. You may recall, it's only been 7 months since the last time I moved. It sucks, but there are quite a few issues between my landlord, his family, and myself, and really, it's just easier if I move. I'm moving to an apartment complex (yuck) about 10 miles south of where I live now so it's not a big move, but its a move nonetheless.
The upside? I'll be saving a lot of money with the move. Enough to where I'll be able to have old debts paid off by the end of this year, and will begin to start building up my savings again at the start of the new year. If all goes well, by the time this new lease is up, I should have a considerable amount saved up for a down payment on my own house.
Because, let's face it. I'm 3 months away from being 29 years old, and nowhere near getting married and settled so I may as well start making a life for myself while I wait for that to happen.
So yeah, another move. I'm excited but moving is always a pain in the ass.
What else? I've been interviewing like crazy, so hopefully I will be out of that whole situation very very soon. That's more exciting that anything else.
As for all of my other issues? They're still going on, but I've been managing them better. I know there are certain things I can control, and some that I cannot. I am doing better at getting under a sleeping schedule and that alone is helping a lot. I do still need to see a doctor, but I am waiting until I can get the insurance situation under control.
Are things perfect? Of course not, I know better than to expect everything to be sunshine and roses right away, but I can honestly say things are looking up. Getting away from everything, even for just a couple of days, and making the few changes I have made are getting me back on the right track.
And for that, I'm extremely grateful.


1 Comments:
Thats great! you may feel like its a small step now but at least its a step in the right direction. Congrats! I hope all goes well :) Moving does suck! But the money you will save will be worth while. Like you I've considered moving to save money..... but sometimes thats easier to think about than do. So we'll see. And I'm excited for you about the interviews! I'll keep my fingers crossed :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home