Another Year, Another Birthday
So yeah. I turned 28 on January 2. I still haven't processed that. I still haven't figured out what that means. I mean, besides the whole idea of being another year older and not any closer to figuring anything out.
When I was younger I never had a problem with my birthday being so close to the holidays. As I get older though, I realize I have a bigger problem with the fact that having a birthday so close to the beginning of a new year is just a double whammy for self-doubt and pity parties. The chance of ruining newly-made resolutions AND getting older all within 24 hours? Yeah, there's a reason I drank so much the other night.
However, I will say this. I had an amazing birthday. My friends are wonderful, and as soon as I go through the pictures and have the time, I'll definitely be posting about the Birthday Shenanigans that went on. Until then, a nap sounds good.
When I was younger I never had a problem with my birthday being so close to the holidays. As I get older though, I realize I have a bigger problem with the fact that having a birthday so close to the beginning of a new year is just a double whammy for self-doubt and pity parties. The chance of ruining newly-made resolutions AND getting older all within 24 hours? Yeah, there's a reason I drank so much the other night.
However, I will say this. I had an amazing birthday. My friends are wonderful, and as soon as I go through the pictures and have the time, I'll definitely be posting about the Birthday Shenanigans that went on. Until then, a nap sounds good.
Labels: birthday, friends, New Year's Eve


2 Comments:
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sucks getting older, doesn't it. I'll be 34 on the 30th so I feel your pain. If it makes you feel better, I don't have it all figured out either AND I'm older than you. But, if you're happy, have good friends, and good family, what more is there to figure out really? Remember young Grasshopper, it is the journey, not the destination, that counts.
LadyGray! :) I was just thinking about you the other day so big smiles here when I saw your comment, thank you so much!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home