We've Been Here Before
Dear Depression,
We've met before. As far as I was concerned, our time together was more than enough, We were finished. I was done with you and perfectly content to continue on with life without you.
So please, tell me why you've decided to come back to me now.
I do not know when you showed up exactly, but the signs are loud and clear. It's too hard to get out of bed in the morning, the smallest things make me cry, I doubt the sincerity of anyone else in my life.
I cannot do this again. I will not do this again. You, you asshat, are supposed to be gone, and I'm supposed to be strong enough to keep you away. I'm not though. I don't have the strength to do this again, Depression, I cannot fight you one more time.
You win. If you want to be here so badly, I am not going to stop you.
Have at it. Do your best.
We've met before. As far as I was concerned, our time together was more than enough, We were finished. I was done with you and perfectly content to continue on with life without you.
So please, tell me why you've decided to come back to me now.
I do not know when you showed up exactly, but the signs are loud and clear. It's too hard to get out of bed in the morning, the smallest things make me cry, I doubt the sincerity of anyone else in my life.
I cannot do this again. I will not do this again. You, you asshat, are supposed to be gone, and I'm supposed to be strong enough to keep you away. I'm not though. I don't have the strength to do this again, Depression, I cannot fight you one more time.
You win. If you want to be here so badly, I am not going to stop you.
Have at it. Do your best.


3 Comments:
Aw I'm sorry Nicole. I wish I knew what to tell you to make it all better.
So sorry you are having a rough go of it. I've been there before...too many times. It sucks. I'd say something really super sunshiney to try to make you feel better, but I know it wouldn't really help much. Just know that I'm around if you want to talk. You know where to find me!
I'm sorry, I hate it when mine comes back to make a visit. Here's hoping that the visit is short and sweet.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home