Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm Such A Girl

So last week I told you all about the new guy I went out with and how awesome things went for those two dates. I really wish I had an exciting update, but here's the thing. I haven't seen him in over a week now.

He's still on the other side of the state visiting his family. He was supposed to come back yesterday but now he's not sure when he'll be back. We've communicated through a series of text messages ranging from "just saying hi so you don't forget who I am" (him) to "Okay well, let me know if you wanna hang out when you're back and settled" (me) but other than that? Not much.

Since we've hung out exactly twice I don't feel like I have any right to be all, "when exactly are you coming back?" but that doesn't mean I don't want to! I'm also trying really hard not to text him excessively because yeah, he's hanging out with the family and his grandma is sick and again, I barely know the guy.

But still. I really like him. Way too much, too soon. And it's driving me absolutely crazy that everything is still so up in the air and I don't know what's going on. I hate that.

On the plus side, when I texted him the whole "if you wanna hang out..." he did respond with "You'll be the first to know :)"

That's a good sign, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oooo, looove is in the air! My friend just got a new boyfriend that she's super excited about, too. I hope everything works out well for you; I'm thinking the reply to your question is a good sign though :-)

March 3, 2009 at 3:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww that feeling of new (possible) love is always so exciting. Brownie points for being a family man, right? :)

March 3, 2009 at 6:21 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I am in a similar spot as you. Its comforting to see the confusion in someone else..as mean as that probably sounds :)

I HOPE its a good sign for you - I know, I'm supposed to be supportive - but Men are such interesting creatures, as you well know.

Though, I am going to let this guy off the hook, since he's visiting family... I'll revisit this when he comes back and we'll take a look :D

March 3, 2009 at 12:12 PM  
Blogger 532 rag doll said...

just take a deep breath and rooolllll with it. remember the he's just not that into you rule: if a man wants to see woman, he will make damn sure it happens. take a breather and let homeboy do some work!

March 3, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home