My Life Would Suck Without You
I know that I've got issues, but you're pretty messed up too...
Dear BFF TA... (how's that for initials?)
How many girls can say that their friendship came about because one (me) thought that the other (you) wanted to kick her ass? Over a boy, no less. With that dirty little rumor quickly extinguished, we moved on to the next logical step: Drinking Buddies. And why not? I mean, what could be more awkward for me than inviting a girl who up until a month before I thought hated me more than anything, her boyfriend and another guy friend to my ex-boyfriend's birthday party?
We never said our lives weren't complicated.
From that first night out doing tequila shots at Tequila Willies, we both quickly realized we were destined to be friends. Did I know then that our friendship would become what it has? Trust me, I had no clue. As a rule, I generally don't have many girl friends, and I certainly don't get as close to them as I have with you.
You know things about me, good and bad; and never once have I felt judged by you. Then again, I've never judged you for all the good and bad craziness in your life either. Drunk or sober, we are completely relaxed and ourselves around each other. There's no pretending between us, we let it all hang out there for the other to see. That's probably my most favorite thing about you.
That and getting text messages that read "You mean the world to me. If I ever lose you, I'll pee on your grave because I'll be so pissed."
I mean, who else can I send offensive picture comments too knowing they won't be offended? Who else can I go bar-hopping with and meet a table of guys that include a Doctor, a Captain, and a professional Golfer? Who else would come up with the brilliant idea of volunteering at hospitals to meet sexy, sexy doctors? (Note: we haven't done this yet, why haven't we done this yet?) And I know no one else would have had my back the way you did when the psycho Cougar threatened to kick my ass. Good times.
Although if I had to pick a defining moment of our friendship? You and me in lawn chairs. In a Rite Aid parking lot at 8:30 at night. Watching your boyfriend replace the brakes on my truck. For four hours.
Not many people have that kind of friendship, you know?
On a more serious note, you really truly are incredible. You've been there for me when not many other people have been; and you have supported me through all of my bullshit drama, whether it be guys, depression, or anything of the other five million problems that have come and gone in my life. And you always made me feel like life would get better.
And you know what? It always has.
You are without a doubt, one of my most favorite people ever, and I am so lucky to know you. You are amazing, don't ever forget that. I can only hope that I have been half the friend to you that you have been to me in these last few years.
I mean what Kelly sings, My life would suck without you!
Love,
Me
p.s. But seriously... when are we going to go have lunch at the hospital?
Written as my entry for 20sb February Blog Carnival: Love or Break-up Letters


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home