Looking Like a Tramp, Like a Video Vamp
So, I have really big news... HUGE NEWS... but it will come at the end of this blog because I just had the most mindblowing conversation with a friend. I learned something I didn't ever think was even possible and to be perfectly honest, it's completely blown my mind. I am flabbergasted, to say the least.
I am friends with a girl who has never heard the song Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard.
Take a moment and let that sink in.
HOW is that even possible? I mean, I don't know about your guys' parts of the country, but on a Saturday night if I'm out at the bar, THIS is the song that gets the Cougars out on the dancefloor! EVERY TIME.
It's a good thing she has me for a friend, and that I was able to direct her to the Def Leppard/Taylor Swift version of the song. It's the least I could do.
Speaking of music... I've got pretty random tastes, and yes, I'll admit to certain things like seeing Hilary Duff in concert three years ago, and singing along with Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" every time it comes on the radio.. but I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks now and I absolutely love it. Such a happy, makes you wanna get up and dance type song...
Just hearing this I want to slip into a bikini, grab a fruity drink and dance on the beach. Just saying.
Okay.. so my BIG NEWS...
I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!
I can't say much yet, because well, I haven't started yet, and I haven't given my notice at my current job yet, but I interviewed yesterday and again this morning and at 4:30 this afternoon, they called and offered me the position! And I start on Monday. I will train at the new job Monday through Wednesday, and then work the current job Thurs-Sun... I'm giving my two week notice tomorrow, and I'm thinking I'll just use up my vacation days for the final days so I can be done sooner.
You guys, I am so incredibly happy to be leaving that job I can't even put it into words. I need this, I need the change, and the position I am moving to is absolutely wonderful, and gives me a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Yay me!
I am friends with a girl who has never heard the song Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard.
Take a moment and let that sink in.
HOW is that even possible? I mean, I don't know about your guys' parts of the country, but on a Saturday night if I'm out at the bar, THIS is the song that gets the Cougars out on the dancefloor! EVERY TIME.
It's a good thing she has me for a friend, and that I was able to direct her to the Def Leppard/Taylor Swift version of the song. It's the least I could do.
Speaking of music... I've got pretty random tastes, and yes, I'll admit to certain things like seeing Hilary Duff in concert three years ago, and singing along with Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA" every time it comes on the radio.. but I've had this song stuck in my head for weeks now and I absolutely love it. Such a happy, makes you wanna get up and dance type song...
Just hearing this I want to slip into a bikini, grab a fruity drink and dance on the beach. Just saying.
Okay.. so my BIG NEWS...
I HAVE A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!
I can't say much yet, because well, I haven't started yet, and I haven't given my notice at my current job yet, but I interviewed yesterday and again this morning and at 4:30 this afternoon, they called and offered me the position! And I start on Monday. I will train at the new job Monday through Wednesday, and then work the current job Thurs-Sun... I'm giving my two week notice tomorrow, and I'm thinking I'll just use up my vacation days for the final days so I can be done sooner.
You guys, I am so incredibly happy to be leaving that job I can't even put it into words. I need this, I need the change, and the position I am moving to is absolutely wonderful, and gives me a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Yay me!


1 Comments:
I LOVE that song too! My favorite lines are "Seems like everywhere I go, The more I see the less I know, But I know one thing: That I love you."
I didn't know there was a version of "Sugar" with Taylor Swift. Off to youtube it...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home