Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Why Yes, I Am a Blonde!

Before I get into this ~ Are any of you watching Dancing with the Stars? And if so, are you seriously still confused because there are WAY TOO MANY freaking dancers? I'm looking forward to their only being 10!

Now onto the post.

On Sundays, I work a lovely shift of 8 am until 8 pm. There is one co-worker there with me for the same shift. Normally, we function pretty well, we get our crap done, and we play practical jokes on the day crew.

FYI: Using fishing line to tie every single item on someone desk to their chair, so that when they pull their chair out Monday morning and EVERYTHING comes flying off the desk? Awesome. Simply Awesome.

Anywho.

So we're at work this past Sunday, and he's got this stack of bill of ladings that we need to fax to a customer. We meander into the copy/fax/supply room and we stand there and stare at the biggest fax/copy/scanning machine ever. This thing is like, 6 feet long and 3 feet high. It's huge. It's also from like, 1995 and so as you can imagine, definitely outdated.

We've decided not to fax these stupid bills, because there are seriously like 75 of them, and there's no way our fax machine could handle that without an Office Space moment. Instead, we decided to scan and email them. Much easier.

Or so we thought.

So we're standing there in front of this monster of a machine, and it has a really nifty touch screen on it. And so we turn it on, and we enter in the correct email address that we are sending these too, and then we feed all 75 pages through the scanner in like, 10 seconds. And we see on the touch screen at the very bottom that it says "copy/printer is warming up"

And so we wait.

And we wait.

By this time, I'm looking through the drawers and shelves to see what kind of office supplies I can steal.

We wait some more.

He sings a song. "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast if you wanted to know.

We both look back at the touch screen monitor - it still says warming up. But then I notice something else. I walk closer.

I push the big green "Start" button.

Mission accomplished.

Oops.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

lol I love it! @ at least it was something simple =D

October 12, 2009 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger E said...

Thats priceless!! At least worked I was waiting for a disaster! lol

October 14, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger E said...

I gave you an award! Check out my Blog Post Over the Top :)

October 16, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - Oh and I agree with your comment about DWTS! There are WAY too many dancers!

October 19, 2009 at 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Maddie Marie said...

nicoleeeeee!
i've read your last few blogs and they make me worry about you. are you ok? just checking in and seeing what's up. last time we hadn't talked in awhile and you got held up at gun point....
just seeing how things are going!
also, you haven't been the same since billy mays died. you stopped sending me his youtube videos. hahaha. i miss that!
xoxo
maddie

October 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home