Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again!

There is a ton of stuff I should be doing right now. I got tagged to do a 10 things about me thing (and I'll get to it... soon!), I still have to share my opinion on the movie He's Just Not That Into You, and well... half a dozen other half-written posts I could finish. But I've been really busy today. I've been working on a piece of writing that by all means, should have been finished before 8 o'clock tonight, but well, I just don't see it happening.

So here I am, writing away, watching the Caylee Anthony memorial coverage on tv, and drooling over Judge Alex, because let's face it, he's hot, when a news article pops up on my screen that sends my world to a screeching halt.

The new contestants of Dancing with the Stars has been released?! How did I not know this?!

Deadlines aside, I eagerly scan the list, waiting for my eyes to land on the next person for me to vote for. As some of you are aware, I'm addicted to this show. Like, really, really addicted. And I have never ever picked a winner once. Yes, I actually phone in votes on this show. But my picks? Um... Ian Ziering, Melanie B, Jennie Garth, Lance Bass (because I really liked his partner) Yeah, none of them won. I even crossed international boundaries to watch the British version, Strictly Come Dancing, on YouTube because Rachel Stevens (Of S Club 7 fame) was doing AMAZING, and finally, finally! I was going to be rooting for a champion.

She came in second.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

So here we are, weeks before the new season starts, and who do we have dancing?

*Lil Kim (because ABC learned nothing when Master P was a contestant?)
*Lawrence Taylor (as a rule, I don't enjoy the athletes dancing- EXCEPT for Misty-Mae, but well, Maksim could make a broom dancing look sexy.)
*Shawn Johnson (another athlete)
*Jewel (okay, that could be interesting)
*Ty Murray (Professional cowboy and Jewel's husband. Jewel just became less interesting to me.)
*Chuck Wickes (Julianne Hough's boyfriend, but also a country singer I have never heard of)
*Steve Wozniak (former Apple executive)
*Denise Richards (Ha! I saw her on a rerun of Saved by the Bell this morning)
*Gilles Marini (you know... the guy who got totally naked in the Sex and the City movie)
*Belinda Carlisle (yay! Heaven is a Place on Earth!)
*Nancy O'Dell (no thanks)
*Steve-O (Um, seriously?! Baaaaad idea, ABC)
*David Alan Grier (huh. No snark on this one. Yet.)

Quite the line-up, no? My pick? Belinda Carlisle for the win. So of course, watch for Belinda to be eliminated by week three.

I swear, I'm not bitter.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Wow, I haven't thought about S Club 7 in years! I can't picture Shawn Johnson on the show simply because she's so short.

February 10, 2009 at 2:33 PM  
Blogger It's Amanda Yo! said...

Aw I miss S Club 7!

February 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

*Chuck Wickes (Julianne Hough's boyfriend, but also a country singer I have never heard of)
I take it you don't listen to country? He's got some pretty good songs

this is his most famous song :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtOy8R01fTA


And Steve-O... are you kidding me? Watch him win it.

February 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home