Breakfast at Wal-Mart

Come along for the ride as I try to find my way to where I'm supposed to be. Whether it be Tiffany's or Wal-Mart, it's bound to be a good time getting there!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan

Officially in my 30s, still single and realizing that maybe everything's actually going to be okay.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Awesomeness Runs in my Family

It started back in the middle of October. I would get into my car, and inevitably, within the next fifteen minutes I would hear this one particular song. I didn't know this song, I only ever heard it in the car, and it drove me insane. This continued on for something like, six days.

I texted my sister and asked her, "Who sings this idiotic song about fireflies and the earth spinning?"

My sister responds with "How the hell should I know? I'm at work." She's lovely, my little sister. Another five minutes pass and she responds again with, "Oh yeah, that's Owl City. The name of the song is Fireflies. I kind of hate it."

To which I reply in all caps, "I HATE IT TOO!" Because caps were necessary.

No lie. For the next eight days, every single time I got into my car, this song would play somewhere during the twenty minute drive to work. And every time, I would text my sister the word "Fireflies!"

She started doing the same. This song was everywhere, I couldn't escape it.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving night. My mom and I are driving back to our house from my Grandma's, and over our random conversation the song starts playing on the radio! Out of habit, I whip my phone out and just as I'm texting the word "Fireflies!" to my sister, my mom forcefully stabs a finger at the car radio and changes the station. I look at her, and she looks at me.

She shrugs and explains, "I hate that goddamn song. They play it nonstop and it's five minutes wasted that the radio station could be playing something kickass like Journey or Flo Rida. I don't need to hear crap like that on my drive home."

Awesome, right?

Except now, because I've spent so much time hating on this song... I might have accidentally ended up liking it. Ugh!!

Okay... so what song is out there right now that you absolutely can't stand?

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Flo Rider your mom just might be the best mom ever lol That song is so annoyingly catchy! Its just one of those songs I cant relate and I dont know who the artist is but I cant help but not change the station! Mileys Party in the USA I cant stand but damnit have found myself singing along! Argh. =D

December 20, 2009 at 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy... "Hot Girl" by Belly - worst song EVER!

December 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger her said...

i love that your mom said flo rida! hahaha

January 6, 2010 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger CIP said...

I just saw your comment about LA Candy. I LOVED it so much! I am so excited for the sequel, you have no idea!

I also LOVED How To Teach....I loved the TV series and I was so sad when it was canceled. It was my favorite.

Thank you for the other suggestions :)

January 9, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home