So There's This Guy
Isn't that how all awesome posts should start?
Anyway, there's a new guy in my life. It's very new, we've just only had our third date, and I don't care what Cosmo says, nothing amazing happened on the third date. Possibly because I had the beginnings of an ear infection, possibly because the boy's kind of shy. Which I find incredibly refreshing. And kind of hot.
Moving on.
It's going okay I think. We're both in that same boat in which we've moved too quickly in past relationships and so taking this one slow is working out for us. And I kind of forgot how fun first kisses can be when they're not accompanied by the taste of Captain Morgan.
A few awesome things about this guy? He went to grad school. In Scotland. What did he study, you ask? Oh, he's a sex therapist. This could go very, very well or very, very bad. He's originally from the south so every now and then that Texas accent kicks in... unless he's talking about Scotland and then he sounds like Prince William.
Sidebar: It's about effing time, Prince William! Kate Middleton is the luckiest girl in the world, and I want to be her best friend.
Oh yeah, awesome things about this guy: He played soccer in England for 5 summers. Now, if you're anything like me, you automatically assume that this means that he's met David Beckham. Sadly, he has not. He also finds it incredibly annoying if you relate every question you have about soccer to David Beckham.
Apparently, real soccer has nothing to do with Becks. If this is the case, I want nothing to do with real soccer.
This guy isn't perfect though. There are a few things that bother me. I think he thinks he's above some people, I think there's a little bit of an attitude when it comes to "living in the States" vs "living across the pond". He has way too many food allergies that have me worried that I'll accidentally kill him. He's about 1 surgery away from having a full knee replacement at the age of 28 (soccer injuries I believe) and is currently walking with the help of a cane.
This doesn't bother me per se, but there's nothing stopping me from calling him "Old Man N" every time I see him.
As you can tell, I'm full of all kinds of delightful and sassy comments when I'm starting to see someone. I'm kind of surprised he still talks to me.
And then there's this. The guy doesn't like texting. And he Doesn't.Have.A.Facebook.
Yeah, let that sink in for a moment.
Here's a conversation we had on our second date:
Me: So wait. You HATE texting and you DON'T have a facebook? How do you have a life? Do you have friends?
N: Of course I have friends. What kind of question is that?
Me: Okay fine, you have friends, but HOW do you talk to them? You seriously don't text people?
N: No see, I actually use my phone to, you know, call people and talk to them.
Me: I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. You seriously don't have a facebook? How do I go to your page and stalk every single girl on there to see which ones you've dated, which ones want to date you, and which ones are prettier than me?
N: Umm...
Me: Wait! How do I send your profile link to my girlfriends so that they can give the yay or nay on you based purely on pictures and status updates? OMG, you really don't have facebook? I don't even know how we move forward from here.
N: You're kind of starting to scare me.
Oddly enough, he isn't running for the hills. Which makes me think this could be the real thing. Additionally, within a week of talking to this guy, I find it important to mention that he sent me a text message FIRST. And has seemingly had no problems with texting me since then. During the second or third week of us knowing each other, he willingly watched part of an episode of "Dancing with the Stars" because he knows I'm obsessed and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. He claims to have hated it, but came over Tuesday night to watch the results show with me. (More on Tuesday night in another post.)
So really, how much longer before I can convince him to make a facebook page? I'm thinking by the end of the year, tops.
Anyway, there's a new guy in my life. It's very new, we've just only had our third date, and I don't care what Cosmo says, nothing amazing happened on the third date. Possibly because I had the beginnings of an ear infection, possibly because the boy's kind of shy. Which I find incredibly refreshing. And kind of hot.
Moving on.
It's going okay I think. We're both in that same boat in which we've moved too quickly in past relationships and so taking this one slow is working out for us. And I kind of forgot how fun first kisses can be when they're not accompanied by the taste of Captain Morgan.
A few awesome things about this guy? He went to grad school. In Scotland. What did he study, you ask? Oh, he's a sex therapist. This could go very, very well or very, very bad. He's originally from the south so every now and then that Texas accent kicks in... unless he's talking about Scotland and then he sounds like Prince William.
Sidebar: It's about effing time, Prince William! Kate Middleton is the luckiest girl in the world, and I want to be her best friend.
Oh yeah, awesome things about this guy: He played soccer in England for 5 summers. Now, if you're anything like me, you automatically assume that this means that he's met David Beckham. Sadly, he has not. He also finds it incredibly annoying if you relate every question you have about soccer to David Beckham.
Apparently, real soccer has nothing to do with Becks. If this is the case, I want nothing to do with real soccer.
This guy isn't perfect though. There are a few things that bother me. I think he thinks he's above some people, I think there's a little bit of an attitude when it comes to "living in the States" vs "living across the pond". He has way too many food allergies that have me worried that I'll accidentally kill him. He's about 1 surgery away from having a full knee replacement at the age of 28 (soccer injuries I believe) and is currently walking with the help of a cane.
This doesn't bother me per se, but there's nothing stopping me from calling him "Old Man N" every time I see him.
As you can tell, I'm full of all kinds of delightful and sassy comments when I'm starting to see someone. I'm kind of surprised he still talks to me.
And then there's this. The guy doesn't like texting. And he Doesn't.Have.A.Facebook.
Yeah, let that sink in for a moment.
Here's a conversation we had on our second date:
Me: So wait. You HATE texting and you DON'T have a facebook? How do you have a life? Do you have friends?
N: Of course I have friends. What kind of question is that?
Me: Okay fine, you have friends, but HOW do you talk to them? You seriously don't text people?
N: No see, I actually use my phone to, you know, call people and talk to them.
Me: I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. You seriously don't have a facebook? How do I go to your page and stalk every single girl on there to see which ones you've dated, which ones want to date you, and which ones are prettier than me?
N: Umm...
Me: Wait! How do I send your profile link to my girlfriends so that they can give the yay or nay on you based purely on pictures and status updates? OMG, you really don't have facebook? I don't even know how we move forward from here.
N: You're kind of starting to scare me.
Oddly enough, he isn't running for the hills. Which makes me think this could be the real thing. Additionally, within a week of talking to this guy, I find it important to mention that he sent me a text message FIRST. And has seemingly had no problems with texting me since then. During the second or third week of us knowing each other, he willingly watched part of an episode of "Dancing with the Stars" because he knows I'm obsessed and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. He claims to have hated it, but came over Tuesday night to watch the results show with me. (More on Tuesday night in another post.)
So really, how much longer before I can convince him to make a facebook page? I'm thinking by the end of the year, tops.


1 Comments:
lol loved reading this post!!! your right all good posts start out with a "so there's this guy". lol And really think about the Facebook thing it could be a good thing he doesn't use it...... I mean weigh the pros and cons.
Can't wait to read more! :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home